I provide editorial, project management, and research services on a contract basis, handling a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction.
Types of work
- Line editing
- Story editing
- Technical editing
- Project editing
- Substantive editing
- Project management
Types of material
- Short stories, individually or collected
- Comics and graphic novels
- Reviews (books, movies and TV, consumer products)
- Opinion columns
- Research articles
- Conference materials
- Blog posts
- Promotional and advertising copy
Fiction: science fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery, suspense, romance, erotica.
Nonfiction: writing and journalism, spelling and grammar, language and linguistics, mathematics, life sciences, ecology and the environment, technology, health and medicine, business, personal finance, sex, sexuality, gender, all LGBTQIA topics, politics and activism, parenting, crafts, visual arts, performing arts, dance, music, food and cooking, Judaism, mythology and folklore, history, geography, travel, memoir, biography.
I am queer and transgender and can knowledgeably and sensitively edit work on those topics, but I do not do sensitivity reading.
Past and current clients
- A Book Apart
- Annals of Improbable Research
- Excerpta Medica
- Healthcare Innovation and Technology Lab of Columbia University
- Hinkler Books
- New York–Presbyterian Hospital
- Peerview Press
- Publishers Weekly
- Sterling Publishing
- Subterranean Press
- Weill Cornell Medical College
…and many self-published authors, micropresses, and trade publications.